Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views :

Category: Community

Home / (Page 3)

HOME COUNTRY

By
|
On Mar 27, 2018

By: Slim Randles There’s something so satisfying about getting out of bed when the world is still dark and quiet and resting. Making the coffee gives us time to scratch and think. Well, scratch, any

img
2. Free food isn’t all its quacked up to be. In addition to the nutritional issues posed by abundant bread, too many handouts of any kind raise a wide range of problems for waterfowl. These include: • Overcrowding: Ducks and geese naturally find habitats that offer enough food, but handouts can lure large crowds to […]

TEXAS CITY TALK

By
|
On Mar 24, 2018

Editor’s Note: Texas is full of characters and on occasion, it seems like most of them end up in Texas City.  This series relates short stories from or about Texas City natives and transplants; s

img
When I first moved to Texas City, being near the college meant that I often had adorable ducks come running in the mornings when I opened my door. Entranced by their little expectant faces and wagging tails, I would run to the pantry and grab some bread.  I would toss and they would catch the bread in their beaks. I was in love! Little did […]
It is main inner container footer text