LITTLE LEAGUE BASEBALL
THE CALL is out for wannabe batters and pitchers, with five leagues around the county still among those collecting player names and making plans for the coming season.
Here’s a roundup of what’s happening and where:
• The Dickinson league will hold registration at its Mowatt Drive park from 9:00am to noon on Saturday and tryouts will be held on February 4. The cost is $155 per player from ages seven to 12.
E-mail questions regarding player eligibility should include the player’s birthdate and be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information, go online to dickinsonlittleleaguebaseball.org.
• Final registration for the Hitchcock league will be held at its 8324 Robinson Road, Hitchcock, from 6:00-8:00pm on Friday and from 9:00am-10:00am and 4:00-6:00pm on Saturday.
The cost for T-ball is $80 per player, with major and minor league at $100 per player and junior league at $120 per player. A 50 per cent down-payment option is available, with full payment due by March 1.
For information, contact Chris Armacost at 409-682-5809 or email@example.com.
• The La Marque-West Texas City league is holding registration sessions from 11:00am to 3:00pm each Saturday this month at 800 Westward Avenue, La Marque.
Fees are $70 for T-Ball players and $80 for players in the minors, major and junior divisions. A birth certificate and proof of residency are required
For information, contact president DJ Harris at 409-896-4843, baseball vice-president Mike Wev at 409-503-2082 or player agent Carl Dickey at 832-887-1368, or visit the league’s Facebook page.
• While registration for the League City league is already complete, a handful of roster spots is available in some divisions. In divisions that are full, new applicants will be placed on a waiting list and notified via e-mail if a spot becomes available.
Tryouts will be held at the League City Sportsplex, 1251 League City Parkway, on Saturday, with National League players given the field from 8:00am to noon and American Leaguers from 1:00pm to 5:00pm.
A makeup date is scheduled for January 31 for players unable to make the original tryout.
For information, visit the league’s Facebook page.
• Online registration for the Texas City league is open until January 31. Registration is available for all divisions from pee-wee to junior for players from ages four to 14.
Fees are $125 per player with a $10 sibling discount and a $15 concession-stand fee per player, refundable in return for a two-hour shift in the stand. Cash and charge are the only methods of payment.
Registrants must attend Our Lady Of Fatima Roman Catholic school at 1600 Ninth Avenue North, Texas City, from 9:00-11am on February 4 to provide birth certificates and school enrollment forms as proof of residence.
For information, go online to tclittleleague.org.