Galveston County Tax Office Receives Coveted
TxDMV Silver Performance Quality Award
The Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV) established the Performance Quality Recognition Program to recognize county tax assessor collectors that go above and beyond in complying with Texas laws, rules and procedures and that provide exceptional customer service. There are three levels of performance – Bronze, Silver and Gold.
March 11, 2019, Whitney Brewster, Executive Director of TxDMV, notified County Tax Assessor Collector Cheryl E. Johnson that her office has been awarded the Silver Level, recognizing her office for its outstanding performance and efficiency in providing title and registration services. Silver recipients have demonstrated compliance with statutory requirements as well as shown a commitment to preventing fraud, providing a high level of customer service and training employees.
“Your office is in an elite group among your peers as one of only five offices to achieve Silver Level recognition…it is clear in reviewing your office’s application that you have a culture of continuous improvement and embrace positive change,” wrote Ms. Brewster. She thanked Ms. Johnson for being, “Driven to Serve.”
Tax assessor-collectors meeting the Silver level of recognition provide excellent title and registration services and have demonstrated compliance with the statutory requirements of the office of tax assessor–collector as well as shown a commitment to preventing fraud; providing a high level of customer service; and training employees through the adoption of policies and procedures
The following highlight the criteria for the Silver level of recognition. Counties must meet the nine (9) required criteria and any electives that amount to five (5) additional points to reach a total of 14 points to receive the Silver level of recognition. Details for each criterion can be found in the guide.
- 1pt. – S.1 TxDMV Annual inventory concludes with no discrepancies found (Required)
- 1pt. – S.2 Participation in GovDelivery (RTBs and notifications system) (Required)
- 1pt. – S.7 Have a fraud, waste or abuse prevention program and training program (Required)
- 1pt. – S.8 Controls and procedures to prevent theft and misappropriation of funds (Required)
- 1pt. – S.10 Offers customer surveys to collect customer satisfaction (Required)
- 1pt. – S.11 Publish motor vehicle services and information on county tax assessor-collector’s website (Required)
- 1pt. – S.18 Staff participation in TxDMV webinars related to policy or procedures (Required)
- 1pt. – S.19 County Tax Assessor-Collector receives Continuing Education Credits through TxDMV webinars (Required)
- 1pt. – S.20 County TAC staff conducts on-site spot checks of all county locations and deputy locations (Required)